Monday, February 2, 2009

The Surprise of Christian Marriage - Marriage Monday-well Tuesday.

5 comments
 


Whether you are a Christian or not marriage certainly comes with its share of surprises. Life is full of unexpected circumstances. Things we could classify as surprises. These come in the good and bad form.

The vows that we took on that blessed day were that nothing would separate us. For better or worse, for richer or poorer, in sickness and in health. On that blessed day we see our future as carefree. We do not even consider the "surprises" that may come our way.

I have experienced a deeper love through the surprises of uncertain circumstances. We have experienced all of those seasons, better, worse, rich, poor, sick, and well. Without the surprise of them I would not know what unconditional love really looks like. I know I am loved because real love, that unconditional God love is the kind that never fails. To me that is the biggest surprise and mystery of Christian marriage.

To see what others are saying go here.

5 comments:

Susannah said...

This is wonderful Angela: I know I am loved because real love, that unconditional God love is the kind that never fails. Amen sister!

Thanks for joining us for Marriage Monday... it's never too late! :~D

Kay Martin said...

I love the visual: the 3 cord knot. In the real tests of our marriage when I was the one needing God the most; knowing God was the third main cord of our covenant strengthened me to finish well. Oh, that every wife and husband could know how much God is the main cord of their marriage and family cord.

Dorothy Champagne said...

Most people don't want to put the time or the effort in to achieve that unconditional love with their spouse - it's good to know it's still being represented. :)

Unknown said...

Wow Angela,

This is an exceptional post.. Such a few sentances but filled with a life-time of wisdom. I am undone....I have experienced a deeper love through the surprises of uncertain circumstances.... This is so true. I thank you for calling it out. We would be shallow people if not for the challenges/surpises the Lord brings to our lives.

Thank you for adding your wisdom and grace to our Marriage Monday discussion. Excellent. God bless, Lynn

Christina said...

True. Marriage does come with lot's of surprises, but like you said it is one of the best ways to learn how to give and accept unconditional love.

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff