Monday, February 9, 2009

Being Still Part Two

5 comments
 
11:00 rolls around. Finally I get moved to a room. I am with a woman who seems to not want to talk to me or look at me as a person. I am a number. It is probably easier that way. But I was going to make myself known as a person. I am not a number nor is any patient in that hospital. I may be the 100th Lumbar Puncture done on this day but it is the first to me. I was determined. She will know me and I will know her. We are people and are the same.

As we conversed we got the technicals out of the way and started to finally talk about personal stuff. Our families, church, and even God. I believe God gave us that time. My procedure was suppose to take place at 10am. Now we have 11, 11:15, 11:30, 11:45 going by. An emergency happened in the hospital so it pushed me back even more. It was fine. My nurse had been hurt in a few local churches. She needed to experience the love of Christ. She was worth the wait. God loves her so. As for me, I just wanted quality care. Is that too much to ask for? I will wait for quality.

Noon rolled around and the doc came in then within 10 minutes he was gone. The procedure was done. It was time to roll me back to my room. I am passed off to others down the gurney road. I am at peace because I finally get to reunite with my husband. That brings me comfort, peace, and joy. On the third floor where he waits in my room. He is with a great nurse who keeps tabs on me. She keeps fresh coffee going, she jokes and laughs and is personal with us.
She even has to take blood but she is gentle. She cares. She loves. Big difference from the x-ray floor. I thank God for her.

I wait two more hours while my husband feeds me on my back. I drool but it doesn't gross him out. I whine a bit to him and he listens. He prays for me, He comforts me, He is God's example and perfect gift to me. He makes me laugh. He helps me feel great peace in these present trials.

We ride home. My man is a strict care taker. He is a follower of the rules. No exceptions. I lay flat for 24 hours. Yet I arise with head pain. It was not enough rest. I lay yet some more. Four days later I am still not healed from the puncture. I am leaking spinal fluid. I am having to lay flat for a few more days.

This time is good for reflection. Things slow to a stop when you are forced still. I reflect on my contentment in life. With or without these circumstances. God is teaching me to see Him in everything. I love Him for that. He is amazing. So, as I wait, I reflect. I pray to the God of all comfort. It is a good place to be in His arms. In His perfect peace and great comfort.

5 comments:

Susannah said...

Oh.my.gosh. You are a model patient, Angela. Thanks for sharing Part Two with us. And praise God for husbands who are strict care takers. I'm glad you've found comfort and contentment in His arms.

Rest now. :~D

Cheri said...

I'm so glad you're being very well cared for!
Praying you heal up completely very very soon.

ocean mommy said...

Still praying. :)

I do love how God placed you there to love on that nurse.

REST today!!!

hugs
steph.

Kathy said...

I loved reading about your experience! I love how you were determined to be noticed, and in doing so, noticed someone who also needed to be. And I love your testimony of resting in Him. Praise God.

Susan Skitt said...

So sorry to hear all you are going through but praise God you are allowing Him to work through this and through you. We have been visiting the hospital and now rehab for my mother-in-law the last month.

These things are NEVER part of our plan, but God knows the path He has for us and He will walk with us every step of the way.

I'm so glad your husband has been there for you through this. What a blessing through the trial.

Love and prayers,
Susan

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff