Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Memorial Day Whirlwind!

5 comments
 
Hey all we have been busy, busy, busy!!! I had the great fun of having some wonderful visitors this weekend. My parents came in for several days and we had a great time! Saturday my wonderful aunt and uncle and baby-a BIG dog named Savannah who was sweet as pie-came in and spent the day with us. My favorite part was finding out my aunt was as much of a Starbucks lover as me! Good times. She even had a fancy drink of choice too! Good blood I tell you! :) And another favorite part was this was the very first time I got to meet my uncle. They lived out west for most of my life so we never did get to meet until this weekend. It was well worth the wait. He was my God father so it was about time we met! We had a good time. Of course I forgot to get a picture but I will see them again soon and will try to remember to get one then. I love my family and will get a pic of our mini family reunion.

Sunday we went to church and it is always good because my parents really enjoy our church. We then had some down time because my mom and dad went to visit my other aunt who lives near but does not talk to me. Dysfunctional, I know. Not a good story to share. Love covers.

Then Monday we took on a huge remodeling project. When we bought our house we took on a big project! To give you just a quick idea about it you have to know that our home came equipped with three toilets. Not just normal toilets I tell you but in interesting colors. They were pink, yellow, and blue. We finally let go of the blue toilet in our master bath. It was the last room we had to complete. I sure wish I had taken before and after pics! There was pink wallpaper and a red brick flooring-not sure who was the designer but I am glad it now looks modern.

Today my parents left. My girls started a church sports camp. I was alone for a long time. Boy is that rare! I felt like a piece of me was missing. I had a great time with God. I am hoping to use my time to continue to write and re-write my projects for She Speaks. Please lift a prayer if you think of it. Well, how was your weekend?

5 comments:

ocean mommy said...

I'm glad you had a good weekend! It's always good to have family in town! :)

Praying for you all!
steph.

Susannah said...

Wow, good times!!! It's so nice to spend quality time with family members.

We did the same. Our daughter is home for the weekend, (wedding plans) and we also had a BBQ with their Grandma. Like you, we also did a little renovation project in our master bedroom... taping new walls :~D

Cheri said...

Sounds like you really did have a busy weekend. How great to have that time to spend with family too.
Please, Please, please post after pics- I love seeing remodeling projects!

Living Beyond said...

Sounds like it was a blast - what a blessing family is!! and dowgs too I'm all over them - ahem WHAT is the new SB drink of choice - pray, do tell :)

I am and will keep on praying for you sweet one - give an update on your hubby when you can. BTW I also did a couple of updates on 40 days away.

Stay surrendered
(((big hug))))

Kara Akins said...

Busy woman. I live so close (close for blogging world) and I had no idea you had family in town. Sounds like you had a great time. I miss you. I'm calling you soon!
Much love,
Kara

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff