Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Just Some Random Ponderings

11 comments
 
You search the depths of my heart and You love me the same....You are amazing God.
~Chris Tomlin, Amazing God

This song just struck a cord with me today. I love it and love to praise God with it but I never really let that verse really sink in until today. I was just marveling at how magnificent our God is who does love us the same. No matter what our hearts look like. Even when we are throwing a big girl temper tantrum He still loves us the same. Now that is amazing.

It is amazing to me that He is even mindful of us. I have been doing a study on the Beatitudes. Boy it is so convicting. All I want and all my heart desires is to be what God wants me to be in those chapters. I know there is nothing I can do to obtain it but surrender my all to Him. I am His and with that I want to do every moment what He desires me to do.

I have also been studying the classics. Boy do those writers have an interesting yearning for God. I feel like they are speaking about my very heart. It is so refreshing to me. It is something that I feel like is not observed much or shared much these days. I may write more about it but right now God has me with Andrew Murray, Brother Lawrence, and A.W. Tozer.

What about you? What have you been pondering lately?

11 comments:

Mrs.Naz@BecomingMe said...

He is an amazing God and His love just blows me a way. Well written post!

Amy Wyatt said...

It does amaze me that He knows our hearts and he loves us the same. Truly Amazing. Thanks for the reminder and the beautiful post.

Susan Skitt said...

Hey girl, it is so refreshing to have that yearning for our God and Savior... like a breath of fresh air! I just read the beatitudes in my Bible reading time, it always amazes me that these are the "attitudes" that He wants us to "be" :)

As for your question, "What have I been pondering lately?" Hmmm... the importance of the written Word of God... there are so many facets as to why the Bible is a timeless classic. It is God-breathed... now that's refreshing!

Take care my friend and have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

He's so sure I can take just a bit more ... me ... not so much. But I know that Father knows best.

Natalie Witcher said...

I love Andrew Murray!! That man has left me all twisted up and I've loved every minute of it. It's funny you posted this becuase I just posted about being a thinker. It can lead me down into a cave for awhile, but I don't mind. I always come out with great stuff!

Susannah said...

I like your musings here. Sounds like you're having a fruitful time with the Lord. :~D

I've been pondering the fact that Noah, although "a righteous man," was not without sin. He trusted and obeyed God, and so God used him (and his family) to repopulate the earth. What an awesome thought! God will use us, despite our sin, if we trust and obey.

(((Hugs)))

Christina said...

Yes our God is amazing. Right now I am pondering how God never lets us go even when we are not aware he is hanging on to us. This is why I posted the song I did on my blog. Yes this is what I am pondering right now.

ocean mommy said...

Big Girl Tantrums...

Oh have I been there! And amazed that He still loves me!

love you!
steph.

Living Beyond said...

I love that song too and I'm singing it along with you.

Andrew Murray, Brother Andrew, A.W Tozer are awsome. I agree that those men had an anointing on them that I long for - they had an understanding that I'm jealous of -(a good jealous) lol. I recently heard a quote about Tozer - somebody once asked him how he knew so much and his response was "Hours on my knees, hours in prayer and hours in the Word" So it's available to you and me too girlfriend - we just have to be committed to those hours and that desperate longing.

I'm so glad that summer has finally hit our neck of the woods -now my evenings will be spent on the porch reading and studying - I love ths summer and I love to plan my summer reading and studying.

I have been in Luke lately studying around Luke 10-12 - this morning my conviction and challenge came from Luke 12:41-47 "From the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be demanded"

I know this is a challenge that the Lord needs me to take to heart at this season in my life - and I really want to past this test and see the miracle of an inner work in my life.

Thanks for sharing and letting me share.

BTW I'll be posting on my other blog to give you all an update - hope to get to that later today.

You are such a sweet blessing.

Anonymous said...

I've been pondering His love as well. Just trying to grasp how perfect it is. So different from the way we love. Unconditional and pure. No motives. So awesome!

(A study on the Beatitudes would be great!)

Faith said...

Oh, I do love that song. (So much so that we sang it at our wedding!) And that is my favorite line!! :)
I am pondering Romans 8 these days.

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff