Thursday, July 5, 2007

Conversations with Kaitlyn

2 comments
 


Kaitlyn: Mom, why did God make me an artist?
Me: I am not sure honey. Perhaps He wants you to make beautiful things for Him and others.
Kaitlyn: Yeah, but why did He make me a great artist. I can draw, make crafts, etc.
Me: Well, Kaitlyn we all have a specific purpose for God. Maybe He wants to use you to make great things for Him.
Kaitlyn: But mom, why am I the best artist?
Me: (Oh, no. The big P (PRIDE) is showing up already!) Baby, all people have different bits of ability. We should never consider ourselves better than anyone else. That is called pride and God does not like pride.
Kaitlyn: Oh, well I like my friend Ashley who is an artist. She makes me laugh
Me: (Sigh, Lord please keep her safe from pride).

Kaitlyn: Mom, when I am six, I want to go and tell the bad people about Jesus.
Me: Oh, really? Where do you want to go?
Kaitlyn: You know I want to go far away and tell everyone about Jesus. Not bad people but people who do not know Him. I want to teach them how to live and act for Jesus.
Me: Okay, well do you want me to go with you?
Kaitlyn: No, I’ll be okay.
Me: (Lord, please help this child keep this passion for you. Give us opportunities to share here in our community. Show me where I can take her to do this and help me teach her all the things she needs to know about you.)

Kaitlyn: Mom, can I have a little bit of sugar.
Me: For what honey?
Kaitlyn: Mom, I am an artist. I need to make something.
Me: Okay as long as you don’t make a mess.
Kaitlyn: Mom, I need your help. There is lots of sugar on the floor.
Me: Did you use the broom?
Kaitlyn: Yes but I need you to help me. There are white sprinkles all over the floor!

2 comments:

mommy to six J's said...

Children are so precious they say th esweetest things, Hopefully your sugar mess wasn't to messy. Kaitlynn will serve her Lord in so many ways, Char

Kathy said...

Aren't children amazing? I love to hear what's going on in their minds. Thanks for sharing!

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff