Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Ants on a Plane!

7 comments
 
Okay so this is the craziest thing I have seen yet. I just saw a preview for a movie on the lifetime network. It is an original series movie so it is just for that station I suppose. But the point is--it is about an ant infestation on a plane ride. Now that sounds way to close to home for me!

I experienced the "reality" movie on our van ride back from Charlotte. I wonder if there were cameras planted somewhere. Perhaps those ants were rejects from the plane movie. Maybe they wanted to live their lives through the van adventure. Perhaps is was a screen test for a sequel. The one thing they did not plan for was that Outdoor Fresh Scent Raid. It worked so well that it spoiled their plans for a sequel.

I wonder about this plane. Did they not have any Raid handy? How did those ants take over that plane? Seriously, could they not land and get an exterminator ready? I am not sure when this film airs but I believe I will opt out of watching it. It sits way too close to home. I can still feel those ants crawling on me! And my experience was as real as it gets not just some silly movie.

I say all of this because we have a butterfly experiment going on. It is our third week in now and all the cacoons have now bursted open to expose beautiful butterflies. After this project is done and over (which will be soon), we have an ant farm project to do at some point. Now I am not thrilled about having these ants in an ant farm in our house. I don't want the triology film to come out-Ants in the house. So we will see what will happen with the ant farm!

7 comments:

Meg said...

That is a fun post. I hope the ants don't escape! What science curriculum are you using? Or are you just doing some projects? I am thinking of using Apologia next year...have you heard of it?

Thanks for your comment on my blog last night. I am amazed at how God works through this computer and blogging and all. Isn't He amazing?!? I am also excited about your ministry opportunity. Now that I know we are not moving away, I am praying for direction on where to get more deeply plugged into ministry with the women of my church.

Hope you have a great day! Are you feeling better? Meg

Anonymous said...

OH My! As if riding in a plane isn't bad enough...but an ant infestation? Yeah I think I'll skip that one too!

Ya know, my husband tells me that Lifetime is not acutally the name of the network...it is the length of the movies they show. :)

Kate said...

AAAH! Ant farms scare me! We had one when "John" was little. It came with biting ants from Colorado. All well and good until somebody dropped it and we had to conduct a speedy foot stomping execution. Oh, the memories!

Kate

ocean mommy said...

You crack me up! You are pretty brave to embark on the ant experience. I draw the line there. They give me the creeps! :)

Love ya!
steph.

Kathy said...

Ants on a plane.... reminds me of that movie, Snakes on a Plane, which I didn't bother to see. I remember a quick-strip session when my then-2-year-old son was fascinated by an anthill and watched the busy colony until he started to get ant bites up his back. He was covered with ants. Meg, would you e-mail me about Apologia science? sumballo@gmail.com We used it last year and my kids loved it. We're jumping in again this year.

Darla said...

Hahahaha I think I will miss the ant movie. i always have something in my car that will kill insects...mostly bee spray...just because they scare me..hahaha tough city girl scared of insects..my hubby always gets a laugh out of that.

Wondering if you took those pics on your blog? I love the water, and any body of water will do if i just have the need to draw closer or sit at HIS feet. Thanks for sharing! Princess to princess...

eph2810 said...

I don't like any kind of bug-movies, if ants, spiders, bugzilla *grin*...

I do like butterflies though. They are beautiful. I remember doing an experiment when I was a kid, many, many years ago. I think it is neat to watch new life...
I think I would have to agree with you on the ant-farm experiment :)

Blessings to you and yours.

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff