Friday, August 19, 2016

The Fear of Man Crippling our Gifts

0 comments
 

I stopped disciplining myself to write on this platform a while ago. I enjoy writing. I enjoy pointing others to Christ in the everyday things of life. Yet, I often felt judged. A writer often feels exposed because they often share personal stories of real life happenings. These real life stories are laid open for the entire world to see (if they find a humble blog like this) and that is risk.

However, to model love and real humanity, risk needs to be taken and there is a point where trust in Jesus has to be enough. We are told to not "hide our talents" in the gospels. We are told it is wicked if we do this. I don't want fear to drive me toward wickedness. I want to bring glory to God in all I do, in word or deed, and for that purpose I must make myself write.

I have learned through this process that even if there is just one reader who is pointed to Christ or loves Jesus more or finds their voice for Him or feels braver after reading my stories then it is worth it.

So I will jump back in. I don't know what it will look like yet but I will do it. It will probably be rough and I know it will be hard but I am jumping back in to share my voice in the already noisy web but hopefully my voice will reflect and point to the One whose voice is the one that really matters. Grace!
~Ang

No comments:

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff