Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Book Review: Delilah by Hunt

0 comments
 


First, I have to admit I am biased in my review. I have grown to love everything, thus far, that I have read by Angela Hunt. Honestly, it is really hard to win me over as well when it comes to taking only a few chapters of what the Bible speaks about and making a story from so much we don't know, however, this author is careful with her research and makes a compelling story. She admits it is fiction and that from what we know we cannot say for certain that the story is portrayed exactly the way things happened. Yet, she brings characters to life in the historical setting and makes it very interesting to read. I honestly did not want to put it down.

I say all I say in the first paragraph because we have very little information on Delilah. The fictional story the author wrote is not an angle I have ever considered before and I found it fair and captivating. I really think this is a good read. It pulls the reader into the story and keeps you wanting more. It also helps a reader find interest in God by showing how others portray Him through the eyes of a pagan. Overall I recommend this book.

Caution to those with younger readers, there is some violent and sexual content included in this book but it was not of the graphic nature. The topic is just more weighty.

You can get a copy of this book from Amazon.com here.

I received a copy of this book free of charge from the publisher for the purpose of an honest review.

No comments:

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff