Sunday, January 3, 2016

Book Review: Parables by MacArthur

0 comments
 


This is a really good book that explains select parables of Christ in simple terms. I love books that give cultural and historical background so that we can understand the context of the Scriptures more accurately and this book did that well. I learned a lot and I am thankful that I got to read this. It is always good to learn more about Jesus so if you desire that, read this book.

I grew as I was challenged in a greater way by the parables that Jesus taught. He is an amazing teacher of hard truths and I need to emulate him in that. Parables are great tools to use when addressing the world with biblical truths. It breaks my heart that there will be those who do not have ears to hear but spurns my heart in worship more that I do have ears to hear. Not because of my doing but just because of the goodness of God. I am just overwhelmed again and again by that truth.

I received a copy of this book at no charge from the publisher for the purpose of an honest review.

You can get a copy of this book from amazon here.

No comments:

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff