Wednesday, October 9, 2013

A Confession, I Am Fearful

0 comments
 
There I said it. I have been struggling with a fear for a very long time. Too long actually that I cannot even tell you the amount of time. It is rooted in pride. It is a fear of man and their opinions of me. It is a reason I have stopped writing so personally on my blog. I have recently been challenged though to push through this fear so it is what I will be doing. I will be writing more often. I will be writing encouragement for life in Christ. I know this will help me but I hope it helps you too as you live and go about your day.

In this season of my life I am often finding myself around many intellectuals. It is intimidating. It is good for me because I am truly challenged but I have lost part of myself in that challenging process. I have never been to seminary but I have a deep rooted love for the Word of God that pours through my veins and my thoughts all the time. I have an all consuming desire for a balance of love and truth. Daily I strive for that as I wrestle with the Word.

Yet that fact that I am not an intellectual as far as man would see it with a degree in Bible, I have felt like I fall short. Yet God has called me to be who He has made me to be. I am a student compulsively. I study deep things for fun. I will never have the degree to back that up though and perhaps that is a great thing. God is protecting me from an even deeper deception in my own heart. An idol in the making per say.

Now I have confessed it, this lie is out in the light. I will not let it hold me back anymore. Christ has made me for the fullness of all that He has promised. He will finish the work He has started. After all, don't most people need to hear about life lived out in authenticity described in real life terms anyway? This is my hope and if it is the case I am writing for you.

I live a crazy life that is full of its challenges, like you do as well. I work to find humor and thankfulness even in the messy. If your life is messy and you are in the same place I hope this blog will encourage you. I hope we can walk this path together. Most importantly I hope we can bring supreme glory to God in the process.

No comments:

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff