Monday, August 19, 2013

Perplexing Thoughts About God and the World Outside My Bubble

1 comments
 
He said, "I think we are born into a religion that our families embrace. All with a different God maybe but all of them are the same and lead to the same place."

I was perplexed. My friend who I thought was a Christian was sharing these thoughts. How did he start to think this way?

I know it must be the influence of the world. When we are only in the culture around us and not in the word of God on a regular basis (which is counter cultural) we are in a dangerous spot. The word is what renews our minds. It brings us back to truth. It keeps us centered. Culture will pull us the other way.

I replied, "No. That is not true. With Christ, He did everything that needed to be done for me to be acceptable before God. I did nothing. With all the other religions you have to earn your way. You must do things to be acceptable but with Christ it has already been done."

He took it in and thought about this. Then replied, "Yes but we will believe what we were brought up in."

I thought about this and yes it is true. Unless God draws us in or someone speaks truth to us we will remain in what we were born into. Just like another friend of mine grew up in an alcoholic household but had no idea that is what it was until he was outside of it. Otherwise it seemed normal and right. You assume everyone else thinks and behaves this way.

These things have been plaguing my mind. I wonder do more people in the world think this way today? That all paths lead to God in the end? Am I just so sheltered in the Bible belt bubble of the south that I cannot see it all around me? If this is the case oh how I want to go and share the freedom that comes with Christ. We don't have to work for anything! Out of His great love and pursuit of us, all that we need has already been done! Period. That is freeing! I deserve nothing from Him but in His goodness He chose me, cleansed me, traded places with me so I could be with Him for eternity! What love! No one needs to miss that. It is the most good and freeing news anyone could ever want or hear. Trusting in Christs finished work on the cross because of His great love for us. Not all ways lead to God. Only one way. Only Jesus.

1 comment:

Philip Verghese 'Ariel' said...

Perplexing thoughts, but you have given a wonderful or apt answer to it. Yes, Jesus is the only way to lead God. You concluded it well.
Keep it up.
Keep inform
Best
Philip
PS. Hey, pl provide one followers button so that the readers who wants to follow the blog can join in,
Best

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff