Thursday, June 20, 2013

We Have a Boy! Post-Adoption Thoughts

1 comments
 
My pastor spoke on biblical authority last night in service. I think this is why this feels so different this morning than the other mornings with little man. He was technically my son because I was his guardian and I was raising him. I was a mother to him for all practical purposes however until the person with the real authority to say otherwise said it, it was not a true reality.

Yesterday was overwhelming and filled with an array of emotions. I have a son. I have a son. Maybe this is how Geppetto felt when Pinocchio became a real boy! I have no clue but I now know it is real and nothing can change that. We are now and forever a family of five.

I am so blessed to be a part of his biological family as well. They are truly a blessing indeed. Only God can work things in such a way. I stand back and watch and am amazed at what God has done with the hard and broken things. I see Him repairing and redeeming the stolen time.

God is the amazing One who works in astounding ways like this and "boom" I am adopted into His family when my heart turns to trust in Jesus sacrifice for an orphan like me! It is a full circle kind of thing and I am astonished at my Daddy day by day! He has worked miracles here.

Little man had a magnificent day! He loved the judge who listened to him and let him beat the gavel and express his desire to be a family with us! This boy we reached out to is now reaching back at us. It is beautiful! I just love this boy so! He is in the law's eyes the same as if I birthed him biologically. This thought amazes me too however when my Daddy reached down and grabbed a hold of my heart I too had a new birth into a new family. The picture is beautiful. I am breathless over it. I still need to wrap my brain around it. but for now we have a boy and we could not be more thrilled!

1 comment:

Sistergirl said...

Congratulations on your new blessing.

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff