Monday, June 24, 2013

Book Review: The Ascension by Tim Chester and Jonny Woodrow

0 comments
 
I received a copy of this book free of charge from crossfocusedreviews.com for the purpose of an honest review.

I requested this book for review because I realized I really did not know much about the ascension of Christ. I did not even think it was worth thinking too much about really. It is obvious Christ ascended and went to be with the Father. However, this book opened my eyes to the importance of the ascension of Christ. I appreciate this and understand more Scripturally why He had to ascend and what that means for humanity.

The book is an easy read and not incredibly long. It is divided up into three ways Christ is identified and what the ascension has to do with that. Chapter one is on what it means for Jesus to be the Ascended Priest. Chapter two covers Him as the Ascended King and Chapter three covers Christ as the Ascended Man. It is all great information that points you to Christ.

Personally my children have asked me the question, why can Jesus not come back now? Why can He not come to earth now? I thought this was a good question because I did not know beyond He is building a place for us. This book explains this well and how Jesus does have a role by staying in Heaven as priest, king, and man. Get the book to find out more.

You can get it from Amazon here.

No comments:

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff