Friday, July 27, 2012

Book Review: Be the Mom

0 comments
 
I received a copy of this book at no charge from the publisher for the purpose of review.

This book was a book that should probably be directed to new moms or moms who cannot see the true value of being a mom. When I was first a mom I struggled with purpose a lot. I was influenced more by the culture than the Bible. This book would be a good read for those kind of moms.

It was not a deep read. I also only like reading things now that really draw me toward Christ and I did not see this book doing that. I was reminded of traps that moms can fall into and that I still fall into at times however the real solution is leaning more into Christ and His word. I felt like the book directed me more into the things I could do to avoid these traps. I did not like this aspect of the book.

If you move beyond that it was practical filled with stories of the authors experience of motherhood. The traps were very common ones that most of us fall into from time to time. See the table of contents on Amazon to see these.  Either way it was just a book of encouragement toward moms to Be the mom you are called to be which is what we all need to do.

To get a copy of this book on Amazon go here.



No comments:

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff