Monday, February 20, 2012

Psalm 119 - Week 6

3 comments
 

I am loving the study of this Psalm. I pray it is fruitful for you too. Of course any study of HIS word is. Just keep it up. I am asking the Holy Spirit to really speak to us this week and move hugely in our hearts. I love how the Spirit loves bringing glory to Jesus. Let us see Him clearer this week as we study. May it please Him to open our hearts.

Waw
Let your steadfast love come to me, O Lord,
your salvation according to your promise;

First, I just praise our Savior in this. His love did come down to us through Jesus Christ in the flesh. And His salvation came upon a cross, for the joy of our salvation on the other side of it. He was raised up defeating all sin and death. He exchanged His righteousness for our sin stained lives. This amazes me. This is true love. This is the true love that is steadfast. We did nothing, He did everything! May we see this more and more in the depths of our hearts and be grateful!

then shall I have an answer for him who taunts me,
for I trust in your word.

God's word is true. He is faithful. He does what He promises. We have His reputation. We can trust in Him even when an enemy tries to slander us. We are His. He is our defender. He gave us His reputation. That is enough. By Faith we believe this because of what He has done.

And take not the word of truth utterly out of my mouth, for my hope is in your rules. I will keep your law continually, forever and ever and I shall walk in a wide place, for I have sought your precepts.

Though the Psalmist speaks of hope in these rules, we must remember the Jesus is the word. Our hope really is in HIM. What He has done for us. Period. This is not a legalistic rule keeping phrase. We will keep His law continually as He has written it on our hearts by His Spirit. Yet we cannot do it in our own strength, and not perfectly. We must submit to the Holy Spirit and out of the love we have for Christ, seek to follow Him. He leads and guides us in this. I like how he calls it a wide place. His commands are not burdensome in Christ. It is a wide place of peace, not restrictive like legalists or moralists would like to have you believe.

 I will also speak of your testimonies before kings and shall not be put to shame, for I find my delight in your commandments, which I love.

When God's word is what really matters then it does not matter who you are up in front of, the love of His word and His testimonies will be enough to share. In doing this we cannot be put to shame in God's eyes. Share it! We must if we love it.

I will lift up my hands toward your commandments, which I love, and I will meditate on your statutes.

Oh that His word would be a joy to meditate on and focus our thoughts on! Oh that we would love them and our idle thoughts would move toward them!

What did God illuminate to you this week? What stood out to you?

3 comments:

Beth said...

I just stopped by to check on you. Hope everything is ok. Miss your post on facebook! I'm sick...again.

Anonymous said...

I long to meditate on God's word. It has been such a challenge recently to be still and listen and just focus my thoughts on him rather than do and go. I pray each of us is taking time to let God's rich word speak to us even if it means not getting some "stuff" done!

God's girl said...

Thanks Beth!! We are ok. The Facebook thing is just like what Liz said, it is a time waster for me and as Lent is here I thought that would be a good thing to give up for some time to focus more on HIM! So needed for me now!

Praying for you and being sick. So very sorry.

Love that too Liz about not having the pressure of getting stuff done but remembering the real importance of His word. Seek Him first and all other things will fall into place.

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff