Wednesday, February 8, 2012

In a Month Your Life Can Drastically Change - Meeting Little Man

5 comments
 
One month ago today we met our little man for the first time. When my friend Kara asked me to find families for these boys my heart was struck. I knew it was something we had to consider or pray about. It was so strange because a month prior to this she asked me if we would consider it and I said, "There is no way, I am sick with Lyme now and cannot even think about this."

This time however I was now well. She did not know this and was not considering us this time. But I knew. So I talked to my husband and we started praying. His thought was, I am not going to turn away any kid in need. It is what we are suppose to do. My thought was, Once I meet him I will know.

Well, on the 8th of January one day before his birthday we met him and fell in love. He is an absolutely amazing little guy. I knew in that short time he would fit very well into our family. With his little unique qualities I could see how perfect he would blend. The girls were excited too.

Off to court we went and in a whirlwind, two court dates, a home study, collecting boy stuff, putting together a room, and baby proofing. I cannot believe it has been a month! And now our lives will never be the same. We are all better for knowing him and bringing him into our family.

Heart ache has been very real too because things keep coming up about his family, more things that need to be worked on for them to be stable. I struggle emotionally because I want to see them fight for their sweet kids. I cannot imagine not pulling my life together for this little guy. Please pray for them. Whether we end up having him for the long run or he gets to go back to them, either way a child wants their biological family to be ok. Especially if they get to see them on a regular basis. I know this and watching at this point is heart breaking.

But in the meantime we take one day at a time. I am blessed over and over by him. I can see God's hand all over this guy. I cannot wait to see the plans he has for him. Where people hear his story we get to share Christ. It is a great witness for His glory. God amazes me so. Knowing just three months ago this guy was homeless, now he is overflowing with clothes, toys, food, and shelter. That is the amazing work of God, Jehovah - Jireh who provides. I am so thankful I get to have a front row seat. May He be praised!

5 comments:

Beams of Light Ministries said...

I had no idea. Congratulations! I know that whether your time with him is long or short, you will all be blessed because of it. You said it correctly, may God be praised!

Mining for Diamonds said...

Wow! Things do change quickly! Congratulations on this new ministry. Do not underestimate the impact that you have on this little guy's life, and the life of his bio family, especially through your prayers. God bless!

Kathy said...

Soooo, so proud of you for your obedience. And so thrilled for your blessing. I love following this adventure and look forward to hearing more!

jodi said...

This is so awesome! Congratulations!

God's girl said...

Thanks all this is an incredible journey! Please keep us in prayer. Love each of you!

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff