Wednesday, February 15, 2012

The Emotional Roller Coaster of Sin in Families

0 comments
 
The basic institution of the family is falling apart. Everyone suffers for it. I am especially saddened because I am seeing it more and more within my peer group. As I look around there are people my parents age taking full time care of their grandchildren. This should not be! Parents need to step up and be what God calls them to be.

Because of this we see the number of at risk kids rising, we see the number of orphans in incredible numbers. This is not only a problem for those who are poor. The rich also have this issue. Kids are raising themselves today. Parents are starting to fall into the trap of selfishness more and more. It is astounding to me to look around and see this. It is not okay. Kids need to be nurtured, loved, trained, and cared for. It is a full time job that is vital for humanity.

I think this is why this season with our little guy is so emotional for me. Every diaper I change, or nose I wipe, every sleepless night I sacrifice saddens me. Not because it is hard, we can do hard. Hard is what God is calling us to. Yet the sadness comes because I realize this should have been his mother's joy. Her opportunity to serve and nurture. Yet she decided to chose her own way instead. It breaks my heart.

People today say they love with their lips but really where is the action of love? What is accomplished when you are unwilling to fight for your kids? Honestly the pain of it all is frustrating. What do you say one day when they ask, "why am I not with my birth parents?" I guess the appropriate response is because of sin. Everyone has a choice.

This also is not a surprise to God. He commands His children to care for the orphans. This would include the orphans of the living who belong to all of the parents who just don't care enough to raise their kids. As we obey this command and step in He is pleased. I feel God's pleasure in it yet I also feel His grief (because of the sin). Yet it is so important for everyone to know that we do this because He first did the same for us.

When we believe in faith what He did for us we are fully adopted into His kingdom. There is no going back, He will not disown us. We are forever His, in His family. We are secure. I just want our little guy to feel this with us and our family so later he can come to learn and appreciate fully adoption that Christ desires for Him. I pray He sees Christ's love through our care for Him. I pray He will know that though His parents took the easy road of sin God had others step in because He deeply cares for him.

So when I cry daily these tears because of the result of sinful consequences that are altering his life I know God sees and hears. Every prayer, every tear, every burden He lets me carry to His throne. He died for this. He is bringing about restoration. Whether through getting ahold of his biological parents (which can happen because nothing is impossible with HIM) or through adoption by us. God is leading this. His hand is on this little guy. He cares for him. We just get the privilege of sitting back and watching God's plan unfold. And when I continue to see His parents chose sin over Him I can be thankful that Jesus chose a sinless life and painful death for us all. He is the representation of the perfect Father. May we all look to Him in the process. We are all sinners, just some of us are redeemed by His great grace.

No comments:

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff