Thursday, December 15, 2011

Extreme Anxiety Does Not Help - What Does...

0 comments
 


This is my focus while I go to the dentist. I have etched it on my brain. The remedy over and over is thanksgiving and praise. That is how you get rid of this level of anxiety. I am not talking clinical depression but this kind I carry today. My points.

Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. ~1 Peter 1:7
I mean I really gotta hurl that anxiety and toss it so far away from me. It wants to have me and pull me under. It will if I don't get a handle on it.


Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.~Philippians 4:7-8
We are to take these things to God, every situation. We are to do it with thanksgiving. It is a discipline to find things to be thankful for in hard times especially in dealing with pain. But we must do it. The promise is we will have that deep rooted peace of God that no one can really understand. We may be falling apart but with peace of God. It is good testimony of His grace. God also as we give these things to Him guards our hearts and minds. So I continue to give it over and over to Him as much as is needed.

Then the next verse tells us what to think about:
Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. ~Philippians 4:8
Run these kind of thoughts through your mind.

Also Hebrews 12:1-3 always helps me.
Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.

So this is how I get through the medical tests and pain! It is extreme mind discipline. And there are so many other Scriptures that God brings to mind as I process but it is necessary so the anxiety does not take over.

Truth is this area did not numb last time at the dentist. The suspicious area is close to the nerve. There is lots of pain now. Poking and prodding does not help that. The unknown is about to be known. What is under the suspicious area is about to be exposed. Who knows what. Yet I am in God's capable hands. Lyme disease can cause much decay and ruckus on all parts of the body. All organs and systems. I have No idea what to expect. I do hope it numbs as they work but if it doesn't it is not the end of the world. I am thankful they will find out. Then we will see what happens.

Either way I will think on these things of Philippians 4:8. Cast off anything that does not line up. Grieve what needs to be grieved and rest in the Father's arms whose love is more than I can even comprehend. Life with Lyme is an adventure. Sometimes I wish I was not on the pioneer end of it. 1000 years from now I am confident they will know what to do for it. Yet then again maybe Jesus would have come back and it won't really matter anyway. Lord, come quickly and help us to be a good witness in the meantime! Draw others to you through our lives.




No comments:

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff