Friday, September 16, 2011

Why A New Look?

1 comments
 
That is a good question. I did not think I was going to change the blog again but I really liked the look of this template. From time to time I think it is good to get a makeover. Honestly we all need this from time to time whether it be physically, mentally or spiritually.

We move from glory to glory as the Holy Spirit changes us to reflect Christ more and more. He does this through our surrender to Him. I have been giving much thought to the point of blogging and what God allows in my life for His glory that needs to be shared. I continually find that He allows us the privilege of sharing in His sufferings. If we lose our focus on Him through it we go in the wrong direction, the point is to draw into Him in deeper ways. It is easy to forget.

As I pondered these things I have come to the conclusion that these areas are the ones that would most minister to others. This is the focus of my blog:
1-Obviously it is our passion to see people walk fully in the Lord. We need Him desperately. I will write about what this looks like day to day as I experience it personally. It is experiencing the gospel daily.

2-Marriage the Titus 2 Way. We reflect the gospel well if we love and respect our husbands. How do we do this? I will blog about this and my own walk and struggles.

3-Parenting Tweens/Special Needs. God speaks so much about raising Godly daughters. I will blog about this and how autism plays out in it. I will also write about our homeschooling adventures. How we parent also can be an example of reflecting the gospel to a dying world.

4-Bible Study. I absolutely love God's word. I pray this for you too. We will explore the Bible together often.

5-Living with Chronic Illness. I struggle daily with chronic health issues. It is either me, my husband, or my children. Health is a challenge but we can still reflect Him well in trust and endurance keeping our eyes fixed on Him in it.


6-Book Reviews. I love books. I will continue to write my recommendations of things that have been helpful resources to me.


Now that I have my renewed focus, I hope it will encourage you and help you to be pointed to Christ. That is the goal to reflect Him well. He is our Savior and I am in awe of Him and His great love for us.
\

1 comment:

Shelley said...

Well I tried to change my blog but it's too hard - I have no idea how to change anything on the wordpress format - oh well - love your new look x

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff