Friday, July 2, 2010

A Tough Day Indeed

1 comments
 



So today was a tough day. I have been in incredible pain for the past two days. Starting to have the tingling/numbness I get. Allergies are acting up badly. I have been feeling run down. This is the place on the process of this journey to better health that I usually give up. I am at a cross road. It seems it is not working because my body has gone all wacky. But this time is different because I know it is working and I am not going to give up. Not this time. I am walking through this with a doctor who is understanding and helpful. I am so thankful. This is a rough road but I am still on it.


Turns out my body is reacting negatively to wheat/gluten. So I now have to add this to the list of foods I am cutting out. This will be the hardest part for me. But it is possible in Christ. I need to get to a place of better health and feeling better and that is addressing the root issue. I am sensing this is going to be a long journey. But I have faith it is the right way and will pay off in the end.

I made an amazing fruit smoothie today in my new blender and the bottom came off and spilled all over my counters. Then I got a visit from some "religious" organization wanting to encourage me in Bible study. Showed me some verses which were helpful at that time but they were not concerned for me just pushing their little publication. I kept sharing with them that yes life was hard but it is "in Christ" that all things are possible. It is "in Him" alone that we can even do anything. I think they grew tired of hearing this.

It has been a tough day. But God knew. He ordained my days. Before it all started I picked up my wonderful devotional called, Jesus Calling by Sarah Young. I highly recommend this. But this is what it said for today's date.

Let Me show you My way for you this day. I guide you continually, so you can relax and enjoy My Presence in the present. Living well is both a discipline and an art. Concentrate on staying close to Me, the divine Artist. Discipline your thoughts to trust Me as I work My ways in your life. Pray about everything; then, leave outcomes up to Me. Do not fear My will, for through it I accomplish what is best for you. Take a deep breath and dive into the depths of absolute trust in Me. Underneath are the everlasting arms!

Pretty good to prep me for my day. Everything was okay in Him. I had several good friends encourage me with Scriptures that went right along with these thoughts as well. God is good. All things are possible in Him and in Him alone. This is not a journey I want to travel alone or in my own strength.

1 comment:

Karen L. said...

Angela,
I'm so sorry it's been a rough couple of days for you. I will pray for you. I will definitely pass along recipes and things I find that might be helpful to you and vice versa. :)

And wow - what an amazing devotional you posted! I need to read that EVERY SINGLE DAY!

Take care,
Karen

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff