Friday, November 27, 2009

Finding Purpose Beyond Our Pain by Paul Meier and David Henderson

0 comments
 
Finding Purpose Beyond Our Pain was provided to me free by Thomas Nelson for book review. This title is about exactly what the title states. If you live long you will sooner or later experience some sort of pain. This book teaches you how to have a Godly perspective on it. It is divided into categories also so you can read about what is relevant to your life at the moment.

I loved this title. I am sure it will be one that I will pick up and read again and again. It was very encouraging and full of information to get your mind focused on the right thing in the midst of your pain. I personally can say that being in the middle of a trial of my own that this book was helpful.

One of the best thoughts from this book was the "no pain, no gain statement". When we work out we expect to get in better. We expect that it will be painful so we endure it for a time to accomplish the end result we desire. Trials are no different but do this same thing with us. When we are in pain or trials they grow us up to be more like Christ. That was a revolutionary thought for me. It was a good read and I left the book feeling stronger and more able to endure what I am currently in the middle of.

To get a copy of the book from the publisher you can go here.
For a copy from Amazon go here.

No comments:

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff