Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Book Review - The Year of Living Like Jesus

2 comments
 
Zondervan sent me a free copy of this book for my agreement in reviewing this book.

This book was about a very interesting journey that the author took over a period of a year. Just take a second to look at the beard on his book cover picture. That was just one interesting part of the journey. I found the book very thought-provoking. It continually challenged my heart and how I viewed others.

The book also gave me great insight into what living like Jesus was like under all the traditional Jewish customs of the times. Doing something like that today would be very difficult as Ed finds out. It is a great privilege to be living in the period of grace and not the law.

Though I am not sure I agree with everything Ed wrote in his book it was still his personal journey. It gave me some things to continue to ponder through. The journey in my eyes was a very admirable thing for him to do and I deeply respect the journey he undertook.

As a personal side note there were a couple of sections that ministered deeply to my heart about God and Jesus and illness. God used Ed to minister to those places in need through his journey and insights. I have disclosed my various health battles through these years and Ed is a man on his own tough journey. He did inspire me deeply.

To get your own copy from Amazon go here.
Check out Ed's website here.
To see what others are saying go here.

2 comments:

Dave Wiley said...

wow...what an interesting thought...book looks like something I would really enjoy...may have to check that one out....would you say he is a Chritian (messianic Jew) or just a Jew following a Rabbi? Not that it matters, I enjoy many points of view (never challenges my own beliefs) but I am just curious.

God's girl said...

Hey you can have that book too with the Million Miles one whenever we see you! LOL! You probably would enjoy it. He is a Christian. I guess I should have said that off that bat. But it was an interesting read. Really challenges my thoughts which is good.
Thanks man!!!

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff