Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Tour De Force - A Book Review

4 comments
 


Elizabeth White wrote a great piece in Tour De Force. It deals with real life issues like what happens when your dreams are shattered? Where is God in the midst? How can I be in the world and not of it? How do I relate to others in my field who have no interest in God like me? Very good stuff written answering these questions and more through the characters. Though they are fictional they could be any one of us.

This is a sweet story of friendship and love. How God is the God of our lives and His will will prevail. His will works in ways that will bring Him most glory through our lives.

I especially enjoyed it because I am a former dancer. Illness took that and any dream I may have had to pursue that away. But God does have other plans and they might not be what we initially thought. He is good in all things.

To get the book from Amazon go here.
To see what others are saying go here.

4 comments:

Susannah said...

Illness made you stop dancing? Oh, how very sad. Hugs!

e-Mom
http://chrysaliscom.blogspot.com
http://susannahsaprons.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Angela, I'm sorry you had to stop dancing, too. It sounds like you "get" Gilly's anguish over her injury.

Thank you so much for a lovely, insightful review. While I'm here, if any of your readers is interested in trying another of my books (a historical), I'm doing a giveaway over at my blog:

http://bethsquill.wordpress.com

Blessings,
Beth White

Christina said...

This is another book right up my alley. Thanks for the review. I am going to go to Amazon and put it immediately on my wish list.

Wife of Rob said...

Angela...

How wild! Beth is a friend of mine and it just so happens that she is guest posting on my blog tomorrow! I will be giving away a personally autographed copy of Tour de Force! I would be honored for you to stop by! And please pass the word on to anyone that you may think might want to stop by. I am a part of Marriage Monday also and when I got to the end of the post, I saw the picture of the book peeking at me! What a small world. I'll be praying for you and your husband. My time is limited with my husband sometimes too due to him working full time and going to school full time. I know what it's like to try and steal that time away. I'll pray for you dear sister!

I hope to see you tomorrow...I'm sure Beth would like that too!

THere is a button out on my blog about "Bee My Guest" if you would like one to share with anyone...

MANY Blessings to you,
Jen

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff