Saturday, July 4, 2009

Independence Day

1 comments
 


Oh sweet country of mine, will we continue on our own way or will we turn back to God? Our forefathers fought and lost their lives for this freedom to worship, are we honoring them?
Oh sweet country that God born me in, will you continue to go astray or will you go back on the path toward God? Will you make the ones that went before us proud or was their labor in vain?
Oh sweet country of mine, this is a great day to celebrate, will we let God bless us? Will we return to our former way? I pray, I pray, we will return to the way God made us.

Lord, forgive us for going our own way. Please return to us. We are still here worshiping You. Lead us and guide us and turn our country back to You as we humble ourselves and declare our dependence on You alone. In Jesus Name. Amen.

1 comment:

Christina said...

I too have let my weight go and this was a great verse and a great post to impact me. Thanks I will definitely reflect on my body being the temple for the Holy Spirit this week and also that it doesn't belong to me but to the One who purchased it with his blood.

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff