Thursday, July 9, 2009

My Body and a Healthy Temple of God

9 comments
 

"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body" (1 Corinthians 6:19-20).

This is a serious conviction of mine. This body of mine belongs to God fully. It deserves to be at a healthy weight. There are many reasons my weight has gotten out of control, having children, suffering from debilitating illness for 7+ years, medication side affects, eating for comfort, overeating, eating in unhealthy ways. Those are just a few reasons. But whether they are my fault or other things there is a time to take charge.

This body of mine is a gift from God. His Holy Spirit dwells there. It is my responsibility with great help from God to give it a good place to dwell. Right now I have no expectations but health. This will be an uphill battle. It will not be fun and will be very painful. I understand but with God all things are possible and with His help things can be done. I desire to be the most healthy that I can be. Sure a thorn of health issues has been given to me but with a healthier temple those issues may not have as strong of a hold.

Now, keeping in mind the context of this verse deals with sexual purity but the temple being the temple it can apply to treating your body right. So with that, and the support of my man, we are feeding our bodies healthy things. No more junk or at least only in moderation but at first this stuff will just need to be fasted. So please pray. This is a HUGE deal. I will keep you posted on the journey. Right now I am off to the treadmill.

9 comments:

Susan Skitt said...

So true, we are His temple. Love ya and will be praying. It's a up and down battle for me too :)

Beams of Light Ministries said...

I think we all in some way deal with this - I'm trying to do better by my temple too. Let's pray for each other to make wise decisions regarding our temples.

Anonymous said...

It is rather interesting for me to read that blog. Thanx for it. I like such themes and anything that is connected to this matter. I definitely want to read more on that blog soon.

Unknown said...

I have never ever read such a fantastic blog.Thanks for this.
you may see this.Beverly Hills Cosmetic Dentist

Unknown said...

Well I was in search of a health blog then suddenly your window popped up in front of me and it made me to comment on its beauty.Thanks for such a great help.Burnaby dentist

rizwan atta said...

Thanks for this out class informal blog.I like this so much.I will share it.See this.
Las Vegas Dentist

Unknown said...

I was in search of a blog like that.Thanks for this gorgeous health
blog.You should see my dear.Orange County Implant Dentist

shiry hong said...

woo! super cool and fantastic blog this is.I have never seen such a great blog.Tucson dentist

bruice adwards said...

Well that's the blog i was in search of which for last hour.Thanks for ending my health search sir.
Vero Beach Dentist

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff