Thursday, May 21, 2009

Focus - Whole-Hearted Faith

5 comments
 
Focus. Focus. Focus. That is the single most important thing right now that God is doing with me to teach me about following Him with my whole heart. Last week I wrote about how many things scream for our attention. God doesn't scream like that. He is the still small voice yet He is nothing small. He is the God of all creation who chooses to speak to us and walk with us personally.

"When he has brought out all his own, he goes on ahead of them, and his sheep follow him because they know his voice. But they will never follow a stranger; in fact, they will run away from him because they do not recognize a stranger's voice." John 10:4-5

"Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "This is the way; walk in it." Isaiah 30:21

This week God has been teaching me to abide in Him and keep my focus more on His voice. He is teaching me how to silence the screams and loudness of the world around me. This is definitely a discipline but well worth the effort.

5 comments:

Cheri said...

Sorry I haven't been around much. With starting a new job it's taken some adjusting! I'm so glad you're on Facebook- that will be a great way to stay in touch!

Faith said...

Hmmm this hit home for me today. Thank you!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

I have enjoyed reading your blog.
I am new to the blog world, but have seen the miracle of the blogging community and prayer in the last two days. Hope you will stop by my blog and pray for little Maggie.

Kay Martin said...

Focus has been a theme in my life for some years. I seem to have a wide open ranging viewpoint that takes in things many others are never tempted to notice. I suppose this is part of the equipment of the writer, speaker in me. I find people and things in nature fascinating. When I have pressing time schedules I have to place boundaries to keep me on task on time.

With the internet I find I have to keep myself on a schedule. If left to my own inclinations I could spend hours on the computer when my best use of time could be cleaning the house, meditation with the Lord, visiting a friend or family member.

Focus...on whatever pleases Father God moment by moment.

Christina said...

I can see how this would be well worth the effort. I am terrible at focus. I definitely could use work in this area.

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff