Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Disney - The Happiest Place on Earth? Really?

3 comments
 
This is really too funny to me to hear. Is Disney really the happiest place on earth? Don't get me wrong it is a really fun place. I really like all the rides and attractions BUT when there are a billion people in a park all trying to do the same thing things bet uncomfortable.

When you first start planning and thinking you are so focused on what you want to do. What you want your children to see. What would make your life so happy. Then you find out everyone else wants to do that same thing. In that environment you get a me fist mentality. And that is UGLY!!!!

I noticed this rising up in me on the very first day. After all I paid good money for this trip. I waited for this spot. I am entitled. I am special.....Where in the world did that all come from? Seriously those thoughts and attitudes go against what Jesus taught us. I had to re-adjust.

As I re-adjusted I observed outward. At the happiest place on earth there was much discord. Much yelling at children. Much children crying. Much grumbling and complaining. Not so much happiness.....Until I can truly say there was with us when our attitudes readjusted to putting others first. That was what made all the difference and changed our perspective. We started seeing things through God's eyes.
We actually had a fun time and experience because we were together as family experiencing an adventure together. That is what makes it the happiest place on earth.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw this too when we went there! We arrived excited to be with the kids, embarking on a little adventure, full of smiles...just to then be surrounded by angry, yelling, and frustrated parents (Even some husbands holding their kids' hands yet at the same time giving my modestly dressed teen daughter a head-to-toe look over!!! UGH! THAT would make just plain mad!)

I had to forcibly ignore my surroundings and focus on my kids and the great opportunity for making happy memories. So glad you were able to do make your own memories and enjoy your vacation time together! :)

God's girl said...

THANKS for your comment because when posting this I almost felt bad but I had to be really honest!!! Thanks for your confirmation. :)

Kathy said...

Well, here's some more confirmation because I "second" all of this! LOL! And the extreme heat doesn't help. But those precious few moments of PURE JOY on the kids faces refuel our purpose, Amen? I'll never forget fighting back tears as I watched my four year old daughters' wide eyes at the princess breakfast years ago. PRICELESS! LOVE the pictures, Angela!

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff