Tuesday, September 23, 2008

About Abundant Grace

5 comments
 
I wrote this Bible study three years ago after God burned it on my heart. It is centered around the family line of Christ from Matthew one. Its core is that God loves us and lavishes His grace on us. It takes a look at each person in the line and shows us how God uses us ordinary people to accomplish His extraordinary tasks. What a privilege!

The man point is that God chooses us for relationship. God hand-picked this family line--all the good, bad, and ugly. It was no mistake.

After submitting it to a few publishers nothing ever came of it. The publishing houses were very interested in my other title and would review it over and over again. Yet this one near and dear to my very heart never seemed to get that attention.

I knew God gave me this project but did not know what else to do with it. That is when God put it on my heart to give this project as an offering to Him. This was my first fruits of sorts. Since, I know it is His anyway, I readily surrendered it.

Following that we did a group study online that went across the country. It was a group of about 30 people and it was great. Yet God had much more planned for it.

I went to Malta and while I was there God showed me that this study was written for them. It was important for these precious people to see God's grace and what He meant by using these people to accomplish His purposes. That we too can have a relationship like that with Him. He chose us like He chose them.

I wondered then how God was going to work this all out. I don't feel comfortable just promoting the stuff but He opened a couple of doors. Through that I got confirmation from one person who went through it that it is indeed a study that was written for the people.

My church offered to print, bind, and ship the studies out. Now 25 studies have gone over. Pray that they will be received well and that God will use them to grow people in relationship with Him. Pray believers will be encouraged. Pray that God will use it to draw those who do not believe to Him. I just wanted to share this because I do think it will encourage someone. God asks us to do things, work He has already prepared for us, He will work those things out for the purpose He has planned.

5 comments:

Cheri said...

Isn't it great to be exactly where God wants you to be and see Him working through you!!

Kathy said...

What an awesome testimony for trusting God's plan. I'm sure He'll do amazing things with it.

Susannah said...

Praise God, Angela. Wonderful news! You are sowing God's seed, and he's giving you the increase. :~D

Susannah said...

That's wonderful news Angela! Hugs.

Living Beyond said...

YOU make ME smile :)

I'm going to send you a personal e-mail - there is a lot of prompting going on in my heart and I need to talk to you - watch for an e-mail

Bless you sweet one

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff