Wednesday, April 16, 2008

A Wonderful Gift

11 comments
 

You know God is so good and when you think He cannot get any better He always shows off! I am so in love with Him. Not because of what He does for us but because of who He is. I cannot imagine a life without this most wonderful relationship.

If you are a regular reader here, you know life has been really difficult for us lately. Due to my husband's recent diagnosis of Chiari 1 Malformation of the brain, one day everything was fine and the next our lives were severely change. Many things have been affected for us. The best word to describe our life right now is "hard." But despite the hard times, God is good. He is constant and never lets us down. His grace has been sufficient and He is our strength.

Then someone asked me to consider asking the deacons to pray for Tony. I thought about this because of what it says in the book of James. "If anyone is sick he should call on the elders to pray." I just could not ask. I knew I could not stand any other disappointments in my life and the off chance that I was given a no or just brushed off would have devastated me. You see the body of Christ, his bride, is suppose to operate as Scripture states. Often times I observe this not happening. Like the Casting Crowns song states,
But if we are the body
Why aren't His arms reaching?
Why aren't His hands healing?
Why aren't His words teaching?
And if we are the body
Why aren't His feet going?
Why is His love not showing them there is a way?
There is a way
What I did instead is take this to God. I asked Him to work this out if that was His will. He knows my fragile state and I poured it all out to Him. I was okay with whatever happened. God stirred the hearts of some of these men. They came over tonight to minister to and pray over my husband.

I am so in awe of God. Men need other men to minister to them. There is something that is so beautiful in that. I am just praising God for working that out and proving to me again that there are more out there, then I observe, with hearts for Him. We are the body and we all need one another. This simple act of faith immediately brought some healing to me. I am believing God for the healing of my husband's condition they way He sees fit.

11 comments:

E. Tyler Rowan said...

Praise Jesus!

Cheri said...

Angela- I'm so happy for you that God blessed you with this special time. There really is something so special about men lifting each other up and sharing their faith together.

Tonya said...

Angela, I came by to say THANKS for my package. It came in the mail earlier this week. I'm SO SORRY I've not gotten over to thank you before now.

Also, You weren't so "off" in not wanting to ask those men to pray over your husband. The Bible tells us what to do when we're sick...

James 5:14
Is any one of you sick? He should call the elders of the church to pray over him and anoint him with oil in the name of the Lord.



I did just that when our son relapsed... guess what the preacher told me? He said they'd pray over Brent but that anointing him with oil was not scriptural. (WHAT???? Is that not what James instructs us to do?)

Some people think that anointing with oil was just what they used for medicine. Why then did they anoint their prophets and kings? (It represented the pouring out of the Holy Spirit)

I was hurt and embarrassed that I'd asked. The church DID gather around to pray that day, and we were thankful. I just came away wondering WHY people pick and choose what they believe about the Bible. We KNOW that ALL scripture is GOD-BREATHED... not just some parts. The Bible also tells us that JESUS is the same yesterday, today, and forever. I can't for the life of me figure out why some want to "write off" scripture because of a custom or something from the day it was written. (I'm saying this from a New Testament perspective)

I guess I shared all of that to say that you weren't wrong to think that some might turn you down. (It wouldn't have been right, but that's how some people are) HOWEVER, GOD sent just the men HE wanted to minister to your husband. What a BEAUTIFUL picture of how our HEAVENLY FATHER works! =-)

Beams of Light Ministries said...

Angela - bless the Lord! Oh how wonderful!! God is so good to us and proves Himself to us over and over again.

Darlene said...

God is so good! He knows what we need and when we need it and HE comes through each and every time!
Our God is an AWESOME God!
Thanks for sharing your heart!

Amy Wyatt said...

God is so good! He just keeps proving it over and over.
BTW... my daughter Mary Lyndsey also has Chiari Malformation. We have MRI's every 6 months so I know what you guys are going through. I will be praying for you and your husband.

Susannah said...

Wonderful! Men do need the prayer support of other Godly men. I'm so grateful to God for prayer and people who are willing to intercede. :~D

I don't know what Chiari 1 Malformation of the brain is, but it does sound serious. When you're ready, maybe you could blog a few of the facts.

Your attitude is great, Angela.

Faith said...

I am so sorry to hear about your husband's diagnosis! I must have missed the first post about this. I'll be praying for you guys. And I love hearing how God answered your prayer. That is beautiful.

Kathy said...

I am praying for you and your husband, Angela. And I appreciate your openness and your faith. Thanks for sharing and I will keep on praying.

Anonymous said...

Keep trusting God, Angela. Remember that He loves your husband even more than you do. I am so glad that we can trust Him with the ones we love the most. I am praying for you and your family.

Kelli

ocean mommy said...

Hey girl!

You know I 'get' just how incredible that act was...I'm rejoicing with you.

Love you SOOOO much! :)

steph.

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff