Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Special Gifts

7 comments
 
I just have to tell you all about some gifts I got for my birthday that meant so much to me.

First, my hubbie took off half of the day and took us girls to see "Enchanted." He deserves big applaud for that. He is quite the man. He even enjoyed himself. I often wonder what it would be like to be in his shoes here in girl world. We love him so dearly.

Then, I got a special card in the mail from my grandmother. The one I posted about who was out of our life for about fifteen years. She sent me a letter with an old silver certificate in it, which basically is a dollar that is redeemable for silver, that was from a bet she and my grandfather had about whether I would be a boy or a girl. My grandmother won. They wrote down my name and the bet details with the date and time I was born on it. To think she kept it all these years is so sweet to me.

Next, one of my sweet friends in our Sunday School class remembered my Starbucks Mocha fast. She bought me a gift card for a mocha since I said if someone gave me a gift of one I could have it but withheld it because she didn't want it to be a temptation to me. She gave it to me the other day as a birthday present instead. That is also a great gift because after all that is my love language! Thanks girl.

Then I got sweet cards with words of love and a willow tree angel ornament(which I love) that says to love and be loved. This meant so much to me because God has been teaching me to love well for quite sometime now. Only a girlfriend who has walked this path with me and who has seen God's miraculous work in my life could get me something so sweet as that!

Then the final gift came in the mail. Guess what it was.......Not one but two gift cards to Starbucks! Oh my, I seem to be set for a while now. Thanks mom and dad!

7 comments:

Cheri said...

I'm so happy that you had such a special day- you deserve it- you're such a special person!

ocean mommy said...

I'm so glad you had a good day! How was Enchanted? We've been wondering about that movie!!

Love you!
steph.

Susan Skitt said...

How wonderful to be so loved! You are so special! Happy Mocha to you :)

BethAnne said...

Hey! I found your blog through Jenny. Happy Birthday!

Faith said...

Aww I'm glad you had such a wonderful birthday! Happy birthday a little late!

Praise and Coffee said...

How wonderful! I think coffee should be a part of every gift *wink*!

Happy Birthday!
Hugs,
Sue

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to my new friend!

Kelli

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff