Sunday, December 9, 2007

Make a Choice

6 comments
 
Every since I heard his song, Lost at Sea, I have really liked Jimmy Needham. This song however sealed the deal for me. It is called Fence Riders and really speaks to how I fell much of the time. When I look out into the body of Christ I see so many people riding the fence. I just want them to make a choice already. You are either for Christ or against Him. There is no halfway. It is all or nothing. So just make a choice.

I think it strikes me hardest because there is nothing, absolutely NOTHING, I can do about it. My tendency is to want it so bad for them I end up suffering much pain over it. However, as I observe, I pray and that is one action that can be taken. I need to remember that the Holy Spirit is at work in ways unknown to me. In ways that are not my business. Anyway, forgive me for my passion. Just make a choice already-one or the other and get off the fence! Just give Him everything. Your life would be better than you can even imagine. Your life would be that awesome adventure you long for.

Enough of my vent-just go listen to this song here. I am putting the lyrics below. Enough said. Thanks Jimmy. I am with you, boy! Keep it up.

Fence Riders
Am I foolishness too you?
And is it laughable the things I do?
Can your callused minds see past yourself to His divine?
Am I foolishness to you?

(Chorus)
Can I sing about my maker and have you not roll your eyes, Can I weep about my Savior and the way He died. I know it don't make sense to those who ride the fence, but I'm sold out to Christ.

You call it loosening up.
Loosening up. I call it Spiraling down. Oh Only one things the same. Only one thing remains Jesus, Jesus.

(Chorus)
Can I sing about my Maker and have you not roll your eyes, Can I weep about my Savior and the way He died. I know it don't make sense to those who ride the fence, but I'm sold out to Christ.

Your all asleep yeah. Oh Your all asleep yeah. Your all asleep all children but he's over needed. You , you don't see it no.

(Chorus)
Can I sing about my Maker and have you not roll your eyes, Can I weep about my Savior and the way He died. I know it don't make sense to those who ride the fence, but I'm sold out to Christ.

6 comments:

Beams of Light Ministries said...

Great lyrics. I also went to the myspace page too! Thanks for sharing!- Sanya

Leah Adams said...

Oh my goodness--how long I sat on that fence--sometimes leaning one way and then the other. It still amazes me that God didn't just burn the darned fence with me attached to it!! I sure do wish I could go back and do those years over again, but I can't and God is redeeming them for His glory. Isn't that just what grace is all about!! Praise Him!!

Hope your week is great!!

Leah
www.thepoint-leah.blogspot.com

Cheri said...

What a great song- the lyrics are so powerful. I've never heard of him before. Thanks for sharing that song!

Kathy said...

Thanks for sharing! Great lyrics, great point.

ocean mommy said...

What incredible lyrics! I'm going to go listen!

Love you!
steph.

Anonymous said...

I love that song, too. It took me a few times to focus on the lyrics, but they caught my attention in a big way. I am determined not to be a fence rider!

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff