Wednesday, September 2, 2009

A Neat Ministry in Chattanooga for Working Women

3 comments
 
Scenic City Woman's Ministry is a great ministry in Chattanooga. It's main focus is to women in the workplace. The ministry provides encouragement through Bible studies in the workplace, prayer walks in our city, monthly luncheons, and various events. Go check them out here.

I was honored to be asked to write an article for their newsletter this month. It is a testimony of mine about being lost in Christ so I thought I would post it here for you to read as well. I hope it encourages you in someway.

Finally I had made it to the place I desired in life. I graduated in the top of my class. I was ready to head out to graduate school. I had the job of my dreams in ministry. I was very happily married to my high school sweetheart and we had our first baby on the way. Life was great and all of my plans were quickly falling into place.

Oh, but the danger of all things focused on me. You see, all those things were great things but they were my things. God had other things in store for my life. Other things were coming. I came down with a debilitating illness, had to quit my job, drop my dreams for graduate school, raise a precious child while being very sick, and stay married. Marriage goes through some real tests in life’s school of difficulties.

I was disillusioned. All of my plans and dreams fell to the floor. It took me about a year to really sort that out with the Lord. It was a come to Jesus year. The Lord had other plans for my life but I was too stubborn at first to accept them. I thought I knew better. God sometimes has to teach us the hard way. Oh, and I learned but I didn’t like it at first. I lost the ability to be thankful in all things because again I was so focused on me not HIM.

After traveling through these difficulties and the years that would come along with them, God taught me what it was to be content in all things. He taught me how to grab hold of His Word and find in it His precious jewels to me. He taught me how much He loved me. He taught me how He desired the best for me. His plans were the better plans for my life. He would be my focus now, not me. I had to die to myself to live in Him.

Life is still hard. That is where we all are walking and learning as we journey this together in Him. That is where we need to come alongside one another and encourage one another like the Bible instructs us. We need to keep one another moving toward Him regardless the circumstances.

I can look back now and really honestly be thankful for all of it. I would not be the person I am today if I skipped those steps. I would not love God the way I do. I would not know Him the way I do. I would still try to avoid submitting to His plans. I have learned His ways are indeed the best ways.

Now I am well. I have two beautiful children that He has called me to home school (another story for another day!). He has given me and my husband a stronger marriage and a ministry of encouragement to other believers. He allows me to freelance for others. I get to now do the thing I love by being saturated in Him and His word. He knew what I needed. His ways are best. I hope you too can get lost in Him in whatever path He leads you on. It is worth it.

3 comments:

Kathy said...

That sounds like a great ministry and your testimony is powerful. So many can relate. Thanks for sharing your heart.

Beams of Light Ministries said...

Great Post Sister!

Susan Skitt said...

Great testimony Ang. Oh to get lost in Him so we can really find ourselves!

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff