Friday, August 29, 2008

Homeschool at its Best

9 comments
 
We have a seed experiment going on. It has been three days and we have gone from this above to the pic below.
They have expanded a lot in size and started sprouting.
While we took a swim today the postman came and dropped off my baby's first five year old birthday present! Oh the time flies. Thank you Aunt Jane for this fun tea party set. We had water, sugar, tea, and apples. We also had LOTS of paper towels. We decided next time the party will be in the kitchen. :0~ They crack me up.
This is our best experiment-The front set of doors in our living room lead out to a very small deck attached to our house. MANY spider webs are home to the outside of this door. We never use this door because the deck off of it is too small and a big tree blocks any view from it. So naturally, I never get around to cleaning it from the outside. Spiders have taken notice of this and choose to set up house there. There are 12 spiders living on the small windows seals currently! Now that sounds disgusting that I have typed it. But it is the best science experiment we have been a part of yet.
There is one of our spiders. He's got a big meal there. a big moth.

At night when we leave our living room light on and the curtain open we get to watch these spiders in their best action. It is very educational and so much more than we can get from books. It still creeps me out though. I think it does all of us but it is so worth it and it gives me more time in avoiding cleaning them out of there! I had to post a pic of what I am talking about because I think the way it is typed sounds rather gross!

9 comments:

mariel said...

you are a homeschool om through and through, my friend! I have a window with a loose screen that spiders have taken up residence in as well...it is quite the science lesson here, too! I actually call my boys when I see the spiders spinning dead bugs in their webs!! Oh, the joys of homeschooling!! :)

mariel said...

that's 'homeschooling MOM' not om!!! oops.

Kay Martin said...

Those teachable moments and situations are priceless. You have every gift and movtivation to be a world class homeschool mom. You're also a terrific photographer.

ocean mommy said...

I knew you would love this homeschoolin' thing!

You're doing great sweet girl!
steph.

Dorothy Champagne said...

I find the fun things about homeschooling is that we get to learn it all over again too (if we ever did in the first place) Thanks for today's lesson!

Susannah said...

Seed sprouts, tea, and moths... sound slike a great meal to me. :~D Have fun! I loved doing all those things when our kids were younger. :~D

Susan Skitt said...

What a fun tea party and science experiments! Ha about the spiders and cleaning - too funny!

PS - I post my 6 random facts... with a twist!

Kathy said...

I LOVE it! My house I a big experiement and I didn't even know it! Can mold and dust somehow qualify too? LOL! (Love ya!)

Kara Akins said...

I love it!

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff