Saturday, June 11, 2016

Book Review: Praying Together by Hill

0 comments
 


Prayer is one of my favorite topics so when anything comes out on prayer, I want to consume it! This title was particularly timely in this obsession I have though because I have been wrestling with how a more formalized prayer purpose or intention should look in our church setting. Thus, the title, Praying Together sparked my interest in my search for helpful, practical answers.

This book was Biblically sound on prayer, which is important because I find many that are not. The author even gave a span of when people started calling out in prayer from Genesis to Revelation. She then addressed occasions of contemporary movements of prayer which I found very interesting as well.

There were also basics on prayer and personal stories. Then the information that I was most interested in was praying together practically in the here and now. I loved the practical ideas that were included in this which will help me apply these in my own setting. There is power and unity that comes in praying together as groups. I was thankful for this timely book at a moment when I was processing this same issue. I know I can implement some of these things personally. I think if you take the time to read this book it will greatly encourage your prayer life.

You can get a copy of this book from Amazon.com here.

I received a copy of this book at no charge from the publisher for the purpose of an honest review.

No comments:

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff