Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Book Review: Risen by Hunt

0 comments
 


This was an interesting and beautifully woven story of historical fiction. It helped me visualize the potential things that could have been happening after the resurrection of Christ. I especially liked seeing the Roman citizen's cultural point of view. This was helpful in visualizing that particular time period. I really have wanted to see this movie as well but have been unable to up to this point. The author states that the novelization includes more than the movie but this is true of most books. I like the Novel because I enjoyed the entire story that it portrayed. It was a good and interesting read all around.

I was first introduced to this author when I read her book about Bathsheba. These books really are beneficial, though they are fiction, because they are well researched and give a realistic picture of the time periods they are about. I think most believers could benefit from these portrayals. They stretch the imagination in order to place yourself in their shoes or rather sandals of the time period. Not only is this important in a realistic historical novel but also helps in personal Bible study thought.

I enjoyed this and recommend it.

I received a copy of this book free of charge from the publisher for an honest review.

You can get a copy of this book from Amazon.com here.

No comments:

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff