Monday, March 16, 2015

Book Review: Heaven, How I Got Here by Smith

0 comments
 


This little book was something that I had the enjoyment of reading in one sitting. It is unusual for this to happen for me because my life is full of activities all around me as any mom understands. However, I was blessed to read this book that way. It was not a long book and it was written in a very easy reading style. It flowed well from one thought to the next and it was interesting enough to keep the attention of the reader.

This book takes a look at what the thief on the cross next to Jesus may have thought about the entire ordeal of the cross. The thief has such a short account in the Scriptures but this fictional book takes that account and makes it fuller by the reader's imagination. I like what the author did with this story.

Though this story is a fictional account of the perspective of the thief on the cross, this little story is fully packed with the gospel. The good news of the gospel is expressed over and over again. It was done in a great way.

I believe that the length was just enough to confidently pass this on to someone wondering about Christianity. It would be a great time to give it to people during this time of year because of Easter. It is also good for believers to read because it encourages faith and points to Christ's finished work on the cross.

I received a copy of this book free of charge from the publisher for the purpose of an honest review.

You can get a copy of this book from Amazon here.


No comments:

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff