Sunday, March 25, 2012

Psalm 119 - Week 11

1 comments
 
This next section involves finding comfort in God's word. We all face affliction of many kinds. We must know where our hope is found. This is how we get through life here in hard times. We hope for what is to come. This time on earth now is so trivial and small compared to eternity! I praise Him that He chose me and is molding me more and more into His image through the tool of trials of many kinds. May we keep this perspective on it as we journey along here. May we also find supreme joy in life as we move through it, thanking Him for all things.

Kaph

81 My soul longs for your salvation; I hope in your word.
 Oh that we would long for the day of His coming! The day when all things will be perfect. Now we must hope in His word to us. The time is coming, probably sooner than we even know. Oh rejoice in this! The Psalmist is in a time of persecution, He is clinging to God through it. I find that in my own life I cling closer to God through times of trial, is this true for you too?
 
82 My eyes long for your promise; I ask, “When will you comfort me?”
When we are really struggling here it gives us a taste of longing for what is meant to be, for what we were made for. It gives us a true yearning for our real home in Heaven. As trials tarry we do need to ask The God of comfort when He will comfort us knowing He never leaves or forsakes us.
 
83 For I have become like a wineskin in the smoke, yet I have not forgotten your statutes.
Though things are really hard, the Psalmist has not forgotten God's promises to him and we would do good to do the same. What are you going through that is difficult and what promises from His word to you are you clinging too? Spurgeon explains this verse like this, " he was half afraid that he would become useless and incapable through so much mental suffering, and that men would look upon him as an old worn out skin bottle, which could hold nothing and answer no purpose." You ever been there? Yet David did not stay in that mindset, he reminded himself of God's statutes! We must do the same by renewing our minds.

84 How long must your servant endure? When will you judge those who persecute me?Oh in times of persecution we struggle. We want the approval of man but following hard after Christ we cannot get mans approval in everything. Following hard after Christ brings certain persecution, God will handle it. One day every knee shall bow to Him. Yet when we are in the middle of it we long for Him to end it quickly.

85 The insolent have dug pitfalls for me; they do not live according to your law.
86 All your commandments are sure; they persecute me with falsehood; help me!
87 They have almost made an end of me on earth, but I have not forsaken your precepts.
No matter the kind of accusations, persecutions, pits that people will dig for you you must seek help from God in His word and promise. He is our present help in trouble. If they persecuted Him they will persecute us as well. No matter how long or how intense it gets we need to hold true to His promises and His word in our life. It is worth it and all that matters. God will judge in the end. Let us make it our goal to desire to hear the words, well done good and faithful servant. Let us respond with a godly attitude.

88 In your steadfast love give me life, that I may keep the testimonies of your mouth.We cannot follow God's law perfectly. Yet because we are loved so deeply we can follow after Him by listening and doing what He asks. We are perfectly righteous in His sight because as we are transformed more and more into His image, He had already made us perfect by the cross and resurrection. He traded His place with us. Do you truly believe this and live like this day by day? Oh know His great love for you and live life abiding in HIM.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had every verse in this section marked in my bible except verses 87-88. This morning God is using those two verses that apparently did not catch my attention before to speak truth in my life. These verses are exactly how we should act in times of trial and persecution. Im thankful to be reminded that we are only asked to cling to Christ in everything and seek his truth and that he has control of everything.

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff