Monday, January 2, 2012

Book Review: Healing is a Choice by Steve Arterburn

0 comments
 
I received a copy of this book free of charge from the publisher for the purpose of an honest review.

First, I must say I am a little biased toward Steve Arterburn, Every Man's Battle and Every Woman's Battle were amazing books. Also he founded the Women of Faith conferences which I think is also an amazing resource for women. Women s ministry is near and dear to my heart. I breathe it and pray it. I desire women to grow in the word wherever they are in their walk so whoever is able to pull that off deserves my respect. So going in I was a little unbiased.

Also, I was a little skeptical of this book because of the title. So those two thoughts going in are conflicting. I have heard so many times the false statement that I can "will" myself physically well which is a lie. God is in control.  However I really did enjoy this book. It was full of the wisdom I expected it to have. Healing was really about emotional healing in this book.

He lays out 10 different lies that we tell ourselves to prevent our emotional healing. Then provides truth that will set us free. He also shares many great stories from his own life and the lives of others. This book also comes with a workbook attached to it. It was really informative and if someone is ready to really heal and work through their issues this book would prove to be a very helpful part of that process.

You can get a copy of this book from Amazon here.



No comments:

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff