Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Women of Faith Atlanta Experience

1 comments
 
Booksneeze sent me two tickets to the Women of Faith conference for the purpose of a review. I was ecstatic! I really love women's conferences. There is just a beautiful experience that happens when women come together in the Lord for the purpose of worship. The worship leaders were so good. One thing my friend and I did wish for was more worship time.

I loved however how they balanced speakers well. I also loved how they had two mini concerts mixed in. Natalie Grant and Mary Mary were wonderful!

I was worried that the conference would consist mostly of personal testimony. However, it was very gospel centered and laced with Scripture all throughout. I liked this too. Consistently the speakers kept pointing us to Jesus.

The imagine tour is the one that came to us in Atlanta Georgia. The theme of this tour was Ephesians 3:20, "Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think."

I enjoyed each speaker and tweeted lines that I loved through the conference. Here are just a few of the things said I enjoyed,

  • Steven arteburn up...if u had a husband willing to die for u it would be dumb for u not to submit. #wofimage
  • U have to interpret the Bible with the Bible. Arterburn #wofimage must choose obedience to God& word.
  • Q&A time...many about forgiveness...lots of hurting and wounded among us. Lord please heal. #wofimage
  • Peace is not the abscence of trouble it is the prescence of Christ. ~Sheila Walsh #wofimage
  • Natalie Grant concert next! Woot Woot. God has used her music to encourage me so. #wofimage
  • If God wants to keep me weak to shore Him strong I am ok with that. ~Laura Story #wofimage
  • The sheppard know where to find you. ~sheila walsh #wofimage you are not alone in anything
  • The great message of the gospel is that you get to come as you are. ~Sheila Walsh #wofimage
  • Just a sec ago i could almost reach out and touch Mary Mary..hushed scream! Heart ck hope it is not an idol :) #wofimage
  • Wow...Angie Smith...i have no words but would love to be your new bff. #wofimage
  • Another observation abt #wofimage they love their families. All kids and spouses are here. Love that. 
Two things I did not like were the push of the book Heaven is for Real and the push for people to sponsor World Vision children. A sponsor needs to be whole heartedly into this not guilted into it which I fear women may fall into. It could have been done differently. It is not necessary to put cards on everyone's chairs and have the world vision people every few rows to see if someone will sponsor. Just as God desires a cheerful heart in giving, this should be the case in sponsoring.

Overall it was a great experience. The conferences include box lunches for two days which is an added bonus. Things seemed organized. It is impressive to see such a huge program run so smoothly. I returned home encouraged and had a wonderful time with my sweet friend. Very glad we went.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

Theresa said...

OH MY GOSH!!!! How awesome!!!! I was able to attend the Women of Faith Conference in DC a few years ago - it was amazing!

And to receive FREE tickets??? It just doesn't get any better than that! Good for you!!!

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff