Friday, February 26, 2010

Passing the Time in the MRI Machine

0 comments
 

I am not a fan of enclosed places. In fact if I am not in the proper mind set I can easily hyperventilate. God is so gracious. He allows a quiet stillness to come over me for these tests.

An MRI of the brain today is much better and less time consuming than it was 8 years ago. Shall I dare to say I was even comfortable? So, I wanted to tell you how I pass the time on my MRI visit.

First I calm my nerves and ask God to give me the peace that only comes from Him to allow them to push me in the tight fitting circle that is much like a coffin. I take deep breaths and ask God for His mercy and grace in this. He calms my fears. I feel the sides touch my arms as I get pushed all the way back.

I am thankful for ear plugs because the noise of these machines are loud. They let off a series of strange beeps that remind me of many things, the clicks of dolphins, machine guns, a large laser printer, and the like. The person who runs the test tells me how long each series of pictures will take. The first 20 seconds, then a minute, then three minutes, etc. As I go through each round I use that time to pray for a certain thing. I guess you could call it speed prayer. I pray through each series for friends, family, church, nation, etc. It is really an uninterrupted time if you can keep your mind focused.

You see we have a choice about how we handle these things that come our way in form of various testing. We can handle them creatively in the Lord or we can be grumpy or fearful in them. I don't know what will be found or not found on these pictures but I know I can trust in God. He will lead me by His hand through this next journey of finding out what this illness is that keeps attacking me.

No comments:

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff