Saturday, February 6, 2010

Book Review - Thin Places

3 comments
 
A copy of this book was given to me free by the publisher for review.

Mary DeMuth has done it again. Though this book is very different from others because it is a memoir, it still has the same flow of the written word that her other books carry. This memoir is very real and very raw. It touches on so many life situations experienced by Mary but are written in such a way that any reader can relate to them. Any reader can self examine their own life through the personal experiences Mary writes about.

A thin place is essentially a place where God can be seen or experienced. Whether in realizing our desperate need for God or knowing His very presence was there with you. It was a book that really made me think through my life experiences and where God was during some of those difficult times.

I must be honest, I could relate so much to Mary's story, as I believe others will experience, that I had to read a section at times and just take a moment to process my own life and journey. I cried many times after reading a bit but in this processing it really lead me to some further healing in my own life. It was a very therapeutic book in those aspects. I am better off for reading it.

Mary was very brave to write a book like that and I am so proud of her for it. I have never read anything like that that takes the reader through her experiences but lets them experience those thin places in their own. It was written brilliantly and was not one of those boring biographies that work like a time line. I loved it though it was hard in some places to process it was a wonderful and healing read.

To get a copy of the book on Amazon go here.
Visit Mary's site here.
To see what other bloggers are saying go here.

3 comments:

ocean mommy said...

This sounds interesting! I'm go to go and check this out!

Hugs,
s.

Mary DeMuth said...

Such a lovely review. Thank you for reading the book and taking a time to shout out about it!

Carma Dutra said...

Mary's book also had me thinking and reliving some things in the past. Realizing that one never outgrows their own Thin Places was heart warming to me. Now I can look back with a little more peace.

Carma Dutra
http://peaceofmindcarma.blogspot.com

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff