Sunday, January 31, 2010

Yikes, Is It Possible to Walk In the Spirit at Walmart?

1 comments
 

So today we were really having to be creative in food choices. Things that were against us were being snowed in for several days, waiting to get paid, and lack of convenience. We were really scraping the bottom of everything so grocery shopping was a must! We decided to get out and do it as a family today since it was still icy on our hills I really preferred my man driving us.

I checked out my favorite store's site for sales and they were not having any great ones and us being desperate for groceries knew we only had one choice then - to go to Walmart. WALMART. I swear that this place brings out the worse in all of us. We avoid it at all costs if possible. I am so sorry Walmart but I just cannot take it there.

I prayed before I went in but it was over crowded (because everyone else probably needed groceries) and busy coupled with tight isles makes a no fun run for my kiddos. They are hit with the bad attitude of Walmart too for some reason. Maybe it is just that they follow after me. I try to just be quiet in this mess but it is so hard. I blow it. I am not a good witness at Walmart, maybe that is why I despise it so. I leave saving the family some money if we truly constrain ourselves from the overabundance there. It is hard to be content with what we have when everything there is screaming, BUY ME!

It is a true test of my faith. Can I really stay surrendered to the Spirit when this place is so filled with the cravings of my flesh. Yelling at people, demanding my rights, falling into the it is all about me syndrome and those are just a few vices I face here. It feeds into my materialism, pride, among other things. It is hard to put yourself in a place like that and still not fall. That is why I tend to stay away from it. It may have been better just to spend a bit more money and shop in peace and in the Spirit. Who knows? The Walmart beast wins again but I am an overcomer and one day I know that the victory will be mine.

1 comment:

Shelley said...

hahahaha I love it - but did the old lady greet you at the door lol

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff