Sunday, January 31, 2010

The Gospels - Just Give Me Jesus

1 comments
 

I have been studying the gospels lately. God has me reflecting on Jesus. I am a huge old testament fan. I love how those Scriptures all point us to Jesus. But I have been in a season of looking around at others and comparing myself. "Am I good enough?" is the question that plagues me way too often. God sweetly and patiently guides me back to Jesus. He tells me that Jesus is the only one I need to look to. So I am studying and really loving Jesus even more because of it.

I started with the book of John. I love that he is the "love" guy. The disciple that Jesus loved. :) That just makes me smile. I love his style of writing and how personal the words are. Love his look at Jesus. Now I am in Matthew. Really liking his style as well. Getting some great stuff out of it. Learning to be more focused on Jesus. Lord, make me hold your gaze alone is my prayer.

Also, I am doing a great study over at Dee Brestin's blog. Join in if you want because it is AMAZING! www.deebrestin.com/blog. Right now we are learning to pray through the Psalms. Great stuff here and you can just pick up where you join in. You will love it. Dee has been a great mentor in my life. Her book "Falling in Love with Jesus" was used by God to really change my life. Good stuff.

What are you studying? I would love to know. Iron sharpens Iron.

1 comment:

Shelley said...

I am loving John as He says what He sees n the book of Revelation - John is one of my favorites too - one of the Sons of Thunder - who God conformed and gave the biggest Revelation of all. Exiled so that the Lord could reveal - what a lesson to learn hey girl. The blessing of Exile - wow!

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff