Thursday, May 31, 2007

The S.P.A. Method

1 comments
 

In the desperation of trying to get my girls to stop fighting I blurted out "STOP, PRAY, ASK." It got their attention and they wanted to know more. So I told them when you want something that someone else has instead of whining and grabbing and fighting you just need to stop a moment, pray about the issue, and calmly ask the person for the thing you want. They loved this method. It has a great success rate. We did however fall into the situation of someone not responding in favor of giving a toy back so I changed the A in SPA to act. Think about how Jesus would want you to act. Jesus says to do everything without arguing or complaining and to make every effort to live at peace with everyone so the choice is to walk away or to come up with some sort of compromise. I just love this because all I have to say now is SPA! And then they stop, pray, and act! Try it and let me know if it works for you. Just wanted to share and remind you that God's word is the very best thing for rebuking, correcting, and instructing! It never ceases to amaze me!

References: Philippians 2:15, Romans 12:18, 2 Timothy 3:16

1 comment:

ocean mommy said...

I love that!! I'll be using it soon. See you tomorrow.

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff