Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Book Review: No More Peanut Butter Sandwiches by Jeff Davidson

0 comments
 


I enjoyed this book that was written from the perspective of a dad who has a son with profound special needs. This is a book about their journey and how God has used it to change the author. I learned through reading this that many fathers abandon their families when they find out their children have special needs. This is a very sad thought. The author seeks to help families with special needs stay intact and thrive on this journey for it is not for the faint of heart.

I, personally, was encouraged much by this book because there are many who do not understand the journey of a parent who is raising a child with special needs. Reading this book was like reading my own journey with our special needs in our home and it was a breath of fresh air. It made me feel more "normal" and it kept pointing me back to Jesus.

Not only is this book written by an author who has experience in this area of life but also a Christian. This is another thing that makes this book unique. Not only does he address the journey but also addresses the most important things Christian's need to hear about trusting God on this journey.

I highly recommend this book because I believe it will encourage any reader. I think if you do not know what it is like to have a child with special needs this will help you find some perspective on it and how to better minister to those you know who do. I also think it is a great find for parents who are raising kids with special needs of any kind. The author has a son with various special needs but we all can relate to them in the knowing of what it is like as we journey this road (with various special needs) together.

You can get a copy of this book from Amazon here.

I received a copy of this book free of charge from the publisher for the purpose of an honest review.


No comments:

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff