Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Things Learned When My Husband Was Out of the Country

1 comments
 



Though I missed my husband the past fourteen days he was away and value him incredibly, I found out that I am really okay on my own. This experience was a good one for me because I never want my husband to be an idol in my life. He has been my best friend since I was 16 years old so it seems he has always been there. I suffer with physical weakness often so it is easy to rely on my man. I do think it is okay to rely on him, my life partner and spouse that the Lord has provided for me however, there is a fine line regarding this. Ultimately the Lord is to be my strength. While my husband was away I could really tell the Lord was my strength.

It was good as well to depend and know that the community that God gives us was available to me which keeps me from being self-sufficient. I was so thankful for the help from the community of God.

How could I tell I would be okay with God alone?

When things got so rough with the children that I just wanted to give up all hope, I could redirect my mind to the good news of the gospel and the promises of God's word. God by His Spirit would work those truths into my heart and in Christ they would bring me great comfort and provide the strength I needed to move forward. His love redirected my steps back to Him.

When the trash needed to go out, I did it. I did not hold a secret grudge about my husband's choice to ignore it because well, he was out of the country. I realized it is not a big deal to take the trash out. It does not have to be solely my husband's job who is just as tired as I am at the end of a day.

When the pool over filled, I was able to take instruction to fix it. I was also able to maintain it and keep it running well. God gives the strength for this.

When a light bulb went out up high, I just pulled out a stool and changed it.

When a scary bug tried to scare the life of me, I squashed it.

When I was so very scared at night, God gave me the peace to sleep well knowing He never sleeps or slumbers and watches over us. God truly cares for us, even in the simple things like a bad light bulb or a scary bug. He will never leave or forsake us. He gives us all we need.

There are so many little things, but they are huge to me, that my husband does. I appreciate him so very much. I appreciate his help. I am so glad we are a team together in life. I did learn, however, that if he were to return to me never more I would be okay. God provides us all that is needed. His grace overflows to us in our times of need. Now instead of making my husband my world, I am free to enjoy him as a great gift from the Lord who is actually my world. The Lord is my strength and my song. He is everything. I am thankful for these observations.

1 comment:

e&k said...

Love this! Love you!
Katie

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff