Thursday, May 15, 2014

Book Review: Memorial: The Mystery of Mary of Bethany by Delores Kimball

0 comments
 

I received a copy of this book free of charge from the publisher for the purpose of an honest review.

I think it was a hard undertaking for the author to tackle this subject just because there is not much written in Scripture about Mary of Bethany. I have always been fascinated by Mary of Bethany and her faith and this is what drew me to this title. I appreciate the authors effort but this was just not what I expected. It was not entirely bad. It just had much more added that had nothing much to do with the topic specifically of Mary of Bethany and her mystery. Yet again, there is not much written about her in Scripture so I should have realized this before picking the book up.

The author explores all the Scripture where Mary of Bethany is mentioned. There is then a lot of information that may or may not relate to those texts specifically. There was one specific section that discussed prayer and was critical of some other Christian authors that I was uncomfortable with. Yet then later there was a big emphasis on grace and the cross. I just got mixed messages and really tried to like this title but it fell short. I hate writing any review that is bad or discouraging so this is the best I can do for this title.

Again, it was a brave undertaking for an entire book. If you want to get a copy from Amazon you can here. If you read it I would love to hear your opinion.

No comments:

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff