Sunday, April 7, 2013

Fear of Man in Worship

0 comments
 
Today the children and I stayed home from church for complicated reasons I will not get into here. However, it allowed us time to have home church together. It was a great time of worship. The thing I noticed however was how free we all were in our worship. It was sweet. Then the thought struck me, why do I not worship as freely at church?

It was then that God gently revealed to my heart that it is for a fear of man. Oh that crushed me! I have come so far in this area yet it still lingers on. Will it ever completely be removed? Probably not in this world.

Yet God gently spoke to my heart the love of Christ that took that sin for me on the cross. Oh His love. When I regard man and his opinion of me more highly than I should God still loves me. He knows this breaks my heart because it broke Him on the cross. As I behold Him He transforms me more and more into His image little by little by the power of His Holy Spirit.

So my word for you today is to behold Him! The point is we do not deserve His grace or love because we are forever running astray even in worship! Yet His love and grace is so immense it trumps our sin. Oh I hope you believe and trust in this promise! It is good to be reminded of.

"but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us" (Romans 5:8).

No comments:

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff