Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Your Beautiful Purpose: Susie Larson

0 comments
 
I received a copy of this book free of charge from Bethany House Publishers for the purpose of an honest review.

I have to be honest, I chose this book for three reasons.
1-I liked the look of the cover, it drew me in.
2-I liked the title, Your Beautiful Purpose.
3-I liked that Ann Voskamp gave it a foreword.

Now sadly I have to tell you I did not really like this book. It was filled with the typical fluff that discourages me from reading many titles. I really only want to invest my time in reading things that will keep Christ at the center. A book that reminds me to maintain focused on Him alone. Though this book drifted in and out of that it is not one I would consider completely Christ centered.

Now after saying this it hurts my heart because I never want to cause any pain or negativity to my brothers or sisters in Christ. I really want to be an encouragement so I will say this book was interesting filled with personal stories from the author. I like her honesty and vulnerability. It does also give some great encouragement for others to find their purpose and that God has a purpose for them however it would have been nicer to see this title center more on we get to do these things because of what Christ has already done. It instead seemed to be more based on our works which may or may not have been the authors intent.

Each chapter did have a reflection section that gave opportunity for more Bible study on these topics. This was nice as well. Also discussion questions if you do this as a group study.

You can get a copy of this book from Amazon here.

No comments:

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff