Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Drug addiction, Birth and Beyond

0 comments
 
I love someone dearly who was born addicted to drugs. It wasn't their fault, they could not help what their mother did while they were being formed. Yet people like my friend live among us everyday. We cannot always tell who they are because we do not know their past histories yet they are probably functioning differently on some level.

This particular person is causing great pain in my life currently. It seems to me that there is an inability to understand things. There is something just not right about them, something that is not connecting. It breaks my heart. I cry aloud to God and pray for them. I plead for their healing. I watch and wait. It is unknown what they will become.

Sadly, we have too many babies these days born addicted to substances. It is epidemic and the research of how it effects them is not out there. They are the first line. I struggle with this so much. The tug of my heart aches in ways that are unspeakable.

I pour forth my tears to the Creator. I have to trust, really trust that God knit my friend together in the mother's womb (Psalm 139:13). I must trust my friend was fearfully and wonderfully made despite all of this (Psalm 139:14). I must remember though drugs were meant to harm my friend, God has other plans and will use this all for the ultimate good (Romans 8:28-29).

This is what true faith is like, believing these words spoken by God because no matter what I can trust Him, though I do not see the end result. He will help my friend. He can even heal. He will show me how to be the best friend I can be in the meantime. The Creator makes no bad thing even when sin is involved. I must etch this in my heart so when the going gets rough or continues to be rough I will remember this.

No comments:

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff